Friday, January 28, 2005

Is It Really 2:30 AM?

Man, I hate not being able to sleep. I go thru these periods of insomnia and they really are a royal PITA to say the least.

Part of the problem is that I lay in bed with thoughts that roll around in my head that I can't quite shake. Usually negative thoughts. Usually low self esteem negative thoughts.

So instead of laying in bed thinking about how sorry I'm feeling for myself, I thought I would get up and do something semi productive.

Part of me thinks that I'm feeling guilty because I really have been slacking a bit on my workouts. I'm just not back into the groove yet. I'm off schedule and my enthusiasm is down. Going thru the motions doesn't cut it.

So a little self motivating pep talk is in order. I can lose the last 30 lbs. I will be able to do more than 15 pushups (hey, I never thought I would be able to do 15). I will go sleeveless this summer! Maya says it's all about me, baby and she's right. I will not let other people's own low self esteem bring me down (and why do we feel that we need to put other's down to boost our own self esteem?). So what if I only lost 1 lb in January. No big deal. The weight is coming off. I've got to remember that and be happy that I no longer weigh over 200 lbs.

Today's Positive Comment:
I deserve to treat myself by taking care of my body and living a healthy lifestyle.