Thursday, January 20, 2005

Blogger Ate My Homework

Well, not my homework, but it did eat my earlier post. Which is why I don't use it for my knitting blog (but that has it's own issues... we won't discuss my opinion of Java right now).

Anyway, the arm is feeling much better now, thank you very much. Rest, drugs and a little heat seems to have improved it a bit. I did get some knitting done today (and hope to get some done tonight... might not work on the socks, tho). I also worked out with Maya. I took yesterday off completely (and of course she told me about it...). I did only do a 30 minute cardio workout (I was scheduled for 45 minutes upper body, but didn't think that was a good idea yet. We'll rest the arm an other day or so before we do all the bicep curls and tricep kickbacks).

It actually felt good. I felt like such a slug yesterday not working out. I was in a lot of pain, and knew I couldn't do much, but the lack of exercise felt really weird. Not quite decadent, more like I felt like I spent all day in bed eating junk food (which I didn't I might add).

I'm actually starting to feel like an "active" person. Maybe this spring I'll even start biking with Matt. We'll see. I won't ride on the road like he does... but that's what Valley Forge Park is for. He has a bike that should fit me and I've got biking shorts (as I do ride his trainer every once in a while... and let me tell you: you need biking shorts to ride a trainer).

Today's Positive Comment:
I feel good. I feel like I have more energy and a more positive attitude about things (but that also may be from removing a negative source from my life...). Quite frankly, I feel happy. Okay, one little disclaimer: I was pretty whiney about the sore arm. It hurt and I was a little bitchy about it, but it's better now and I'm feeling very positive today.