Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Cheating on the Wednesday Weigh In

Okay, I know I said I was going to weigh in on Wednesday, but since I haven't been weighing myself much over the holidays (I only weighed myself once for my fitness evaluation for the Yourself!Fitness), I was curious to see if the "didn't gain over the holidays" held firm from New Year's celebrations.

Okay, not only did I not gain, I actually lost a pound. I weighed in at 156.0 this morning. I'll also add that I am retaining water this week and expected about a 2lb gain (which is my normal increase). Looks like the extra work is paying off. Considering that I've been holding firm at 157 since mid-November I'm thrilled that the extra workouts are paying off.

Nothing motivates me more than sucess (and nothing discourages me more than failure) so I'm actually looking forward to my next evaluation (and I've been working on the pushups... maybe I can do one or two more?)

I also need to call my doctor to set up the blood work to see if my cholesterol has dropped (I'm guessing it has). Part of me really wants to know, but I'm also worried that if it has dropped, I may lose some of my incentive.

Positive Comment for Today:
Gee, I think that would be the 1 lb weight drop!