Friday, January 07, 2005

Results

Well, the physical challenge was a mixed bag. I did obviously lose some weight (woo-hoo!) and I really jumped in pushups. I can now do 20 pushups. However, my crunches regressed just a bit (maybe a bloating thing?). I was only able to do 48 (I could do 50 the last challenge). All in all, I do feel like I'm progressing again.

I also did some measurements and I had the same mixed results. I've lost weight in my neck? Who knew that I carried a lot of weight there? (I've lost a total of 1" around my neck... just not an area that I think of for "weight loss"), my arms were the same, but I can see they are firm, so I'm building as I lose. My waist was up a bit (I put that down to bloating as well) and everything else stayed the same.

So weight: starting: 214lbs, current: 155.2 lbs, goal: 125 lbs
Fat percentage: starting 45%, current: 37.5%, goal: 22%

Those are really the numbers I'm tracking the most. I'm feeling very positive about my progress again and just need to stay focused. I do think that adding an extra cardio 3 times a week is necessary to lose weight. It really can be a challenge, but in the long run, it's going to be worth it.

Today's Positive Comment:
I can now do 20 modified pushups