Monday, February 07, 2005

Miss placed my glasses

I admit it. I've completely lost focus. I'm so uninspired. I'm not motivated and I've gotten lazy with both my workout routine and some of my food choices. And I'm not happy about it.

This is something I always seem to do and something I should accept. I want to keep going, but I'm just not inspired. I can work hard enough to maintain my current weight and that's fine, but I want to keep losing, as it takes me so long in the first place.

I think it just takes so much focus for me to lose, that I get burned out. I'm definitely burned out. Even Maya doesn't seem to be cutting it for me right now. There's nothing left to unlock (and hasn't been since October) and as much as I hate to admit it, she's becoming a little repetative.

I was sort of expecting this. I knew once I got the news about my cholesterol, I would lose my drive. That's what was motivating me before and now I don't have that kind of motivation any longer.

So now I need to think about the next "motivation" to do the extra work to lose the next 20 pounds. Vanity doesn't cut it for me (I just don't care enough: which is why I don't remember the last time I had my hair cut) and I feel that I'm doing enough to stay healthy. Yes, the next 20 pounds will make me even healthier (I'm still at an unhealthy weight), but I'm not in the panic mode like I was when my cholesterol was so high.

So what's my next goal? Should I train for something like a 3 K? Should I promise myself a special trip? Should I learn a new activity? Sigh... maybe something will inspire me to work harder.

Today's Positive Comment:
I did my workout today even tho' I had no desire to (and I didn't put a whole lot of effort into it).