Monday, March 28, 2005

Same Old Same Old...

Well, the posting has become pretty sporatic lately, eh? I guess part of it is I just don't know what to talk about. Gee, I worked out, I watched what I ate, I'm not losing weight (but I'm also not trying right now).

It's the same old stuff. Part of me knows that's good (an indication that it's a lifestyle), but it makes for a boring blog, no?

I could talk about all the annoying aches and pains (foot specific), but I don't feel like whining, and it's not really effecting my workouts. I have done a bit more on the stationary bike as that doesn't seem to bother it as much.

I guess I'm still looking for the "spark" to get me motivated to do the next weight loss phase. Matt thinks that doing it in stages is very smart. "Let your body adjust to this new weight, then it will be more responsive when you're ready to lose again". That's how he did it and that's pretty much how I've been doing it over the last several (6) years. It's a 10-20 lb loss, then I stay at that weight trying my best to maintain it before something motivates me to work that extra bit that I need to lose weight.

Quite frankly, losing weight is hard work. Maintaining has become habit. I don't mind the eating or the workouts that I'm required to maintain this weight, but I have to be so incredibly meticulous with my eating and I have to workout considerably harder to lose weight (the math on the 500 calorie/day just doesn't seem to work for me... it seems to take almost twice that for me to lose weight). It's so hard to work that hard to see minimal results. Losing weight is still one of the hardest things I've done (while gaining is a simple matter of not paying attention.

I've also cut Maya down to 3 times a week with the "interval" training. I can't do it two days in a row (gotta give the muscles recovery time), but I now find I'm looking forward to interval days now... instead of putting it off. It's a good system, but every once in a while I'll do a regular workout (usually 30-45 minutes of upper body concentration: as that's my favorite).

Well, speaking of such... off to put on my workout clothes and spend some time with Maya. She's always so glad to see me (especially for morning workouts!)