Wednesday, April 06, 2005

#%$%#^ Bathing Suits

I got a new bathing suit this year. It's something I've needed, but there's nothing quite as depressing as getting a bathing suit. I don't know too many people who are comfortable in one, and we always worry about it (yet we forget that so does most everyone else).

It was a bit of a wake up call for me. I've been so happy with my weight loss that I still forget that I still have quite a bit of weight to lose. It's not that I shouldn't feel good about losing the 60 lbs, but I need to remember that I'm still at an unhealthy weight.

I'm 5'2". Even at 154 lbs, I'm about 30 lbs away from a healthy weight. So I've bumped up my workouts again, and back to measuring the food. Blah. Not fun, but it's time to shoot for a few more pounds.

I must say that this is NOT about vanity (hey, I still wore a bathing suit in public when I weighed 214 lbs). I'm always amazed how many people equate losing weight with physical appearance. I even had someone say to me "it's more important to be healthy"... why, yes, I agree... and there is absolutely no way being over 100 lbs overweight is healthy. Hell, if I was worried about my physical appearance, I would probably wear make up and get my hair cut once in a while.

So Maya and I are doing our daily workouts together again. I've bumped her up to a 30 minute workout of either the weight loss or the cardio and a 15 minute workout on something else (usually core or lower body as I still have a tendancy of doing 30 minute upper body). I'm trying to get a little extra cardio in, too. Either on the stationary bike or on the treadmill. Those little extra workouts add up. I wish I could get back into the habit of 15-20 minutes before every meal. It's a great way to get little workouts in with out really making a huge time commitement. However, breakfast is hard (I'm not a morning person... ) and I already do my main workout before I eat lunch. Dinner is my one main responsibility a day, so I'm usually worrying about what I'm making or such. Now that the time has changed and the weather is getting nicer, that may be easier to do...

Today's Positive Comment:
I have the perkiest ponytail today. Makes for a perky workout! Oh, and it's actually beautiful out (mid-70's... the windows are open and the fresh air is wonderful!!!)