Sunday, April 10, 2005

Perky Ponytails

It never ceases to amaze me what can really boost my motivation. Who knew that it could be as simple of where I put my ponytail when I worked out.

I know that I feel better about my workouts when I have "pretty" workout clothes. I used to work out in old crappy, stained over sized t shirts. Since I've bought some fun workout clothes, I look forward to my workouts and I feel a little extra bounce in my step.

As I mentioned in my last post, I had a perky ponytail and it really helped my workout. I usually just put it at the back of my head out of my way. Well, if I put it up higher, it's even more out of the way (especially for crunches and other floor exercises) and I looove the way it bounces when I work out. Weird. I guess the next thing I'll learn about myself is that I get a better workout if my legs are shaved (one of the reasons I don't go to the gym: too much hair removal!)

Maya worked my butt off yesterday (well, not technically, as it's still big). We did a 30 minute weight loss workout and she decided that since I vacuumed all the dog hair off the step bench, I should concentrate on it. The step bench really pushes me. In a 30 minute workout, I burned over 300 caloried. None of the other workouts have me burn that much in such a short period of time. So I think tomorrow well do the 15 minutes of a target (either legs or core) then I'm going to follow it up with a 30 minute weight loss workout. I need to set up a schedule for myself of what and when I do the workouts. I liked what Maya had me do in the beginning, but now I need (want) more calorie burning workouts. If I do a 30 minute workout on a target area, she only has me warm up and do a cardio for about 10 minutes before we hit the weights (if I move it up to 45 minutes, I get a 15 minute warm up and cardio and the hour gives me only 20 minutes before we hit the weights. I don't need 40 minutes of weight training. I like doing weight training, but I need to burn more calories as well as build muscle... ). So I'm going to do a little customization.

Today's Positive Comment:
Has nothing to do with fitness or diet. I finished one of the prettiest sweaters I've ever seen. It only took me 3 months to knit and I love the finished sweater!