Monday, April 25, 2005

Focus

I've been in and out of focus the last week on my workouts. It's an easy pattern to fall into. I've really got to focus again and get back into a regular workout routine again.

One of the things I've noticed today is that I still concentrate on what I want to do, not always what I "should" do. When I first started working with Yourself!Fitness, I was very good and followed the daily focus. I really think it pushed me harder in the beginning. I had been doing weights, but I had a tendancy of only doing the excercises I wanted to do, and avoiding the ones I didn't.

Well I'm back to only concentrating on what I want to work on. For some reason I really enjoy doing upper body weight lifting. I'm sure part of it is that it doesn't strain my knee, but I also feel that I get the best results from it. It's the area on my body that I've seen the most improvement. (especially in the shoulders).

I also think part of me knows that I can physically do the upper body exercises. Maya doesn't throw any thing at me that I can't do. It may be hard and sometimes I really struggle to finish a set (and some I may not be able to finish), but it's not like the core, lower or even the flexibility workouts. I still have a lot of things that I simply can't physically do. Some I know I'll never be able to do, and I find that very discouraging. Yes, I know that pushing myself at doing the really hard stuff is how I'll improve, but I find it so frustrating.

Okay, in re-evalutation: there are some upper body workouts that I can't do, specifically pushups.

So I need to focus, get into a regular routine again (and more often). As I say: Half Assed Makes for Larger Asses.

Today's Positive Comment:
I completed workout # 171 with Maya today.