Friday, April 29, 2005

Frustration

Well, as I said, I was going to go back to Maya's suggestions on the Yourself!Fitness program. No more over riding what she wants me to do and do what I want to do.

I did a 30 minute core focus today. I was as frustrated as I was in the beginning. I can't do soooo many of the exercises: anything that requires to hold myself up, for example. She had me do all sorts of planks. I can't hold up my body that long. Even if I decrease the difficulty, she expects too much from me. However, I did what I could. I ended poses early, or I did a plank instead of the one legged planke (oh, and how am I not supposed to feel it in my shoulders? Maya needs bigger boobs so she understands what it's like to hold up an extra 5lbs on her chest on some of these...)

Anyway, I do feel like it's a good idea to get back into her schedule. I need to push myself... reach for some new goals. Not just a dress size or weight on the scale, but being able to do one legged planks.

I still need to add a little extra cardio to my workouts. I think I'll keep with the 30 minute of Maya focus, then add an extra half hour of an other cardio (like I did back in the beginning). Treadmill, bike or Maya for some more cardio should really help me get back on a weight loss track again

Today's Positive Comment:
I pushed myself to focus on a workout that I'm not overly fond of doing.