Monday, May 30, 2005

Holiday Workouts

Okay, why is it so much harder to do a workout on a holiday? I mean, it's not like I'm doing anything unusual today. The only thing different is Matt's home (but he works from home one day a week anyway).

So it's completely psychological. I guess I feel like it's the only "work" I do. My workouts are like my job. Something I know I have to do, but not something I really enjoy. (and hey, when I put it that way, an hour a day ain't so bad...)

So I did my Memorial Day workout, but it was tough (I've got nasty leg cramps: either I'm dehydrated, a good possibility or all those stupid lunges from yesterday have caught up to me). It feels good to do it and I won't feel guilty about skipping it now or from any special foods for dinner... not that I have anything planned but grilled chicken and a toss salad. Oh, and a jello dessert... sugar free jello with lite cool whip.

I will say that I don't expect any weight loss this week. Between the trip to Hershey and the holiday, and not doing any extra workouts, I'll be happy if I'm the same weight as last week.

Off to get some water in me (and maybe a soak in the tub).