Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Wednesday Weigh In

@&%@&$

The weigh in didn't go as well as I expected. I had hoped that I had maintained my weight. My food logs show that I've averaged between 1500-1600 calories a day (with on day maxing out at over 1800... but that was the Hershey day). I've worked out almost every day (again, Hershey day I didn't, but I did spend the day walking around the park and I took one other day off). I should "not" have gained weight.

Yet, I did. I'm up 2 lbs. I'm not happy, but Matt said all the right things (he's good like that). I may be retaining water (since I'm no longer taking birth control pills, I'm not really sure where I am in my cycle). He also thinks that I'm in the right range for food and that I'm working out enough to maintain my weight (again, I know that I need more than 30 minutes a day average to lose weight).

I'm not beating myself up. Actually, I'm surprised that I'm not as disappointed as I thought I would be. I mean I am disappointed, but I haven't done that spiralling into deep depression because my weight is up thing that I normally do.

Maybe I have come to accept that it's not about the scale? Maybe it will hit me tonight when I lay in bed with time to think? Who knows. All I know is that I'll need to work a bit harder if I expect to see any weight loss. It's only one week and I'll workout and eat right no matter what the scale says.