Thursday, June 23, 2005

Still Here... Really

ooops, no post for a while.

We did have little internet problem (basically, we didn't have any for a couple of days), but I've just simply been bad about posting. (I've been working on some fiber projects and just not taking the time to spend on the computer like I normally do. I did finish a crochet jacket and I'm thrilled with it...)

Saying that, I'm still working out. Just not as much as I "should" be. I'm on a "bare minimum" workout regimine again. Sigh. Just can't get my butt in gear to work that extra bit yet. Oh well, I'm maintaining my weight, and that's the really important part.

However, I did have physical evaluation with Maya last week. I'm getting very very tired of these. I really wish there was a way to either adjust how often they happen or just turn them off completely. Anyway, I decided to change my main focus this last time. I've changed it to "cardio" instead of the "weight loss".

I am so glad that I did. One of my complaints with the weight loss is that there is a high concentration on weight lifting and not enough on burning calories (yes, building muscle is important and will help raise my metabolism, etc... but I've done a splendid job on the muscle building and need to drop the fat to show them off... so I want to burn more calories).

The weight loss focus is a daily cycle of workouts. She started me with a cardio concentration, then the next day we did upper body, then core, then lower then flexibility, then back to the cardio. That's been the cycle since I started using Yourself!Fitness back in October. I simply didn't think I was getting enough aerobic using that cycle, so most days I over rode her decision. Either to the Weight Loss concentration (which gave me 75% of aerobic followed by a variety of weight lifting... covering full body weights) or Cardio (similar to the Weight Loss, but more variation in the intensity).

Since I've switched my main focus to Cardio, I get a Cardio concentration every other day. So it goes "Cardio, Upper Body, Cardio, Core, Cardio, Lower Body, etc". I'm thrilled. I don't want to stop using the weight lifting concentration workouts, but the switching back and forth makes so much more sense to me.

Oh, and she gave me a new torture exercise: "hundreds"... and yes, I had to do 100 of them. (well, I didn't make it... probably was only able to do half. Yikes!