Thursday, July 07, 2005

Better Than Nothing

Well, I must say that I'm still feeling pretty down.

I am trying to keep to my workout schedule and trying not to eat for comfort. I did 30 minutes with Maya today and I swear it was an hour workout. It was the toughest 30 minutes I've spent. The time just didn't move.

I wanted to say thank you to Carissa for her lovely comments and her friendship. It has meant a lot to me to have such a great online friend :D

Thanks also to Sara for her tag. I have considered using a trainer, but since the Yourself!Fitness program actually tracks my workouts (and yes, Maya does gently chide me if I miss a scheduled workout), I'm more or less getting that kind of accountability. There's not a lot of flexibility with her (you can't tell her, "but Maya I rode the stationary bike yesterday, that's why I didn't work with you"), but it does make you not want to miss a workout her!

I am at least still working out. I do always feel a little better about things when I do my workout, but I also feel like I'm not working at them hard enough. I just never feel like what I'm doing is good enough. I don't lose weight fast enough, I'm not doing enough cardio or enough weights or enough stretching. I'm not working as hard as I could. I don't push myself past my comfort zone.

I also really need to stop beating myself up over everything.