Monday, July 11, 2005

New Attitude and Workout!

Well, it's time I shook off this low self esteem and self pity! Time to shake things up a bit and try something new.

Matt and I talked last night and we're going to work together to get back in focus. So back to ye ol' food logs. You know it's really not bad to do them anymore. Once you've been doing them for a while, you realize that you eat a lot of the same things and it's easier to do the longer you do them.

I also am going to shake up my workouts a bit. I'm going to continue to work with Maya, as I love what she's been able to do to my body so far. I love upper body workouts with her, but I still thinks she neglects the cardio a bit and I need more than just lunges for lower body workouts. So I'm going to basically "start over" with her. I'll do a brand new evaluation, and tho' I know that she's going to want me to do weight loss, I'll over ride it and either choose the cardio or the upper body. I'm going to follow her suggested schedule without any changes and supplement her with other cardio and weight training. I'm going to set up a "rigid" workout regimine instead of doing just what I want to do. I've got to learn to push myself and do the things I don't "want" to do.

In the 10 months with Maya, she has improved my muscle toning significantly, but since my focus was on weight loss, I'm actually disappointed with her results. Maybe because I had already lost so much weight before I started working with her that I need a more advanced workout.

Actually, that's what Matt said to me last night. I've already done the "easy" weight loss tricks. Cutting soda and sweets and the cooking processes were a big help in the beginning, but they aren't in my diet any longer and my body has adjusted to me not drinking over 300 calories a day just in soda.

So the only way for me to lose the weight at this point is to work hard and pay attention to my calories. Easier said than done. I'm really bad at pushing myself past a certain comfort zone and a little distraction and it's easy to lose focus with the food. Not that our eating has become horrible, in fact we eat very healthy, but to "lose" weight, I've got to be vilagent!

Matt said he's going to work a little harder with me. Altho' he's very supportive (especially with meal planning), he's going to work a bit more on accountability with me. Maybe some of his drive will rub off on me.