Sunday, July 31, 2005

Trying To Lose Weight Sucks

Hey, how's that for a title? Encouraging, no?

Well, I've been consistant with my workouts, increased my time with Maya (back to the 45 minutes to 1 hour a workout... however I'm still only doing 5 days a week... gotta push that back up to 6 days soon). I'm careful with my diet... and guess what? I've gained weight. Dang, this stuff is hard.

Ya, I know, lots of reasons for a weight gain, and it's not much, but it's just sooooo discouraging!!! Ironically, it may have inspired me instead of my usual... "why am I even bothering". I'm obviously still not working hard enough... so I'll push myself a little harder and get myself down to below 150 lbs yet. At my usual weight loss average, I'm looking at Halloween as my goal. That's .5 lbs a week for 16 weeks. I don't think I'm going to see my goal weight of 130 lbs before the end of the year at this point. Unless something miraculous happens and my body decides to shed weight faster than it ever has in the past.

I still think my biggest blockage is the time commitement. I really don't want to spend any more time working out. 45 minutes to an hour is as much as I really want to do. Yet I know it's not enough. I gotta add more time (as I'm pretty much maxed at my intensity. Having a bum knee does limit how hard I can work... ie: I have to walk briskly on the treadmill instead of running). I think if I could bring myself to do that extra workout 3 times a week... I'ld see a weight loss. I gotta keep reminding myself of that and start working it into my schedule.

However, not matter how much it sucks, or how discouraging it gets, or how sore I am or tired of tracking my diet, I simply can't give up. I'm still at way too high a fat percentage (I love that even tho' I've gained weight, my fat percentage drops... but even at 35%, that's unhealthy) and even if I was able to get my cholesterol to drop, I have to remember that there's a lot of room for improvement on my numbers. So maybe this little weight gain is a good kick in the butt that I needed....