Monday, November 28, 2005

Back on Track

Well, it seems that motivation has returned and I'm getting back into the daily routine of a workout.

I think I just needed a break from constantly focusing on my weight and exercise. Talking to some online friends and complete strangers at a charity dinner has sparked me again to make an other push.

I think hearing other people struggle helps. It sometimes feels like I'm the only person in the world that has to deal with this, but there are other people out there that are dealing with the daily struggle of fitting in a workout, making the right food choices and trying to balance it all out in their day to day life (it's just not the people I see at the grocery store...).

So a 45 minutes Cardio workout with Maya today (and I'm definitely feeling the non workouts for the last couple of months... my arms are killing me).

I still think scare tactics work best with me. Either thru health (that whole cholesterol thing really worked) or how I physically look. I remember the silk skirt I made for a cruise that didn't fit... back when I had 48" hips. I also just went and looked at the pre workout photos. It's always a wake up call. If I don't take care of myself, I'll look like that again.

So here I am, in the biggest glutony season and it's all the more reason I need to keep the exercise habit going. If I want all the fun and fabulous foods (with in reason, of course) I need to work off the extra calories.

So I'll keep an eye on how much I'm eating, keeping to a balance diet while watching the portion controls and making sure I stay active. Basically, that's how I live my life...