Friday, January 06, 2006

The Continueing Evaluation of Eye Toy: Kinetics

So I'm now into my 4 or 5th workout with Eye Toy: Kinetics and I'm getting a better picture of how I'm going to like it.

I love the warm up, the focus stuff (I've done upper body and the Tai Chi) and the after workout stretch. The actual eye toy "games" for cardio simply suck.

There's several major flaws. One is the inherent need to get a good score... I find I'm more concerned about that than getting a good workout. That means that I'm not getting a good workout. I'm too worried about ducking and hitting to move in the right way to get my heart rate up. I get discouraged when I screw up the "game" and again, that effects my work out.

An other flaw? they're short. Too short for me to burn enough calories or to use this program as a stand alone.

As I mentioned in my last blog, I'm not the sort of person that enjoys negative feedback. Since this is a "game" I get too many "mistakes" with the cardio sections. It's not enjoyable and it just frustrates me. So again, that doesn't push me to get a better cardio workout.

So it's a mixed bag as a workout. It's almost like I want to use it to warm up, then switch to Yourself!Fitness for some hard blasting cardio, then switch back to the Kinetics for a cool down.

I need to bump up my workouts again. I've been pretty good about my consistancy again, which is good. Now I need to work a bit harder. As I did do a Wednesday Weigh In. I'm at 157 lbs. That's going backwords (lowest has been 154 lbs). I know three pounds isn't a lot of weight, but that's going to take me an awful lot amount of work to lose. One pound is a lot of work and that's three pounds extra that I know have to lose that I had already lost.

So in typical fashion, it's a two steps forward, one step back for me. I should be getting used to it by now, eh?