Friday, February 03, 2006

Friday Update

I did my walk/jog combo yesterday and was able to do the 1/4 mile at a jog. It was harder than I expected. I guess part of me assumes that once I do it, it'll be easier the next time. Nope, it's gonna take a little more effort and time to get to a "comfort" zone with it.

Today I did my 45 minutes of upper body with Maya. It looks like I'm going to have to add my own weights. For some reason she doesn't want me to use my hand weights. Weird.

I've been tracking my food since Monday. I've let Fitday set up my metabolism and I'm tracking my workouts, too. According to it's numbers, I'm about 800 calories down a day. Let's see if that shows up on the scale on Wednesday. I'm hoping for just one pound.

I will say eating approx 1200 calories is tough. I will admit I'm grumpy and easily irritated right now. It's always hard to do a deficit, especially when we live in a society that has such easy access to crap. However, that doesn't mean I need the crap.

The weekends are always tougher, and with the Super Bowl on Sunday, I'm going to have to be very careful not to over extend my calories and blow all this hard work this week. Must decide on some healthy choices....