Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Wednesday Weigh In

Well, it's supposed to be Wednesday Weigh In, but I completely forgot to weigh in this morning, as I had to run in to my doctor's office first thing this morning for my lab work.

I did have my doctor check my weight history and the hightest I ever weighed in was 211 lbs. I know I hit higher than that, but we'll use that as an "official" starting weight.

I weighed in at the doctor's office at 153 lbs. I had really wanted to be below 150 lbs, but since I had to wear clothes, I guess that was a bit unrealistic. However, I'm going to shoot for 140ish for next year's visit.

The biggest concern is always my cholesterol numbers. I've relaxed a bit with my diet (not with the calories, but with the cholesterol focus) so I'm hoping that I didn't blow my numbers over the last year. We'll see. It's always a motivating factor for me.

Actually, I've always been more focused about the weight loss/exercise when I'm worried about my health. The vanity thing just isn't a factor for me. I guess because I know that I'm still the same person at this weight than I was 125 lbs or 211 lbs that I never really thought about how other people viewed me at what ever weight I was. Finding clothes to fit became a problem (hey, it still is... mass produced clothing fits very few people "right") and that was a bit of a wake up call. However, it's always been some kind of health related issue that has made me realize that I needed to eat healthier and to do regular workouts. Whether it was my cholestrol numbers, family history or even the beginnings of high blood pressure, I felt more responsible when it came to my health.

So hopefully my numbers will come back in a healthy range. I know that the cholesterol will be a life long challenge: something I've always got to be aware of with my food choices. The main reason I workout.