Monday, May 29, 2006

Ah, a holiday... no biggie, right?

Actually holidays aren't nearly as challenging for me as for some. We keep the holiday meals pretty casual as it's just me, Matt and his brother. We're all aware of keeping to a healthy diet (and my BIL is a vegetarian) so I don't have to worry about being tempted by the usual "shiney salads" that are served at most picnics. I have to say that I like having the control of being the hostess.

We'll do low fat hot dogs and Boca burgers on the grill, I'll make a non shiney pasta salad (meaning that it will be full of veggies and no mayo) and I have the watermelon all sliced and ready to go.

I still think the biggest challenge for a day like this is fitting in the workout. Monday is Matt's usual day off and today will be no different (mine's usually Saturday, as I've found that's the day that I have the most problem fitting it in). So I'll have to spend some time this morning for my workout. I need to get a lot of things done today since I'll be gone the rest of the week, plus we have our picnic late this afternoon... and I MUST finish the first sleeve on the Rose Leaf Pullover (heehee).

An other reason I want to get my workout in early is so I can pack up my Xbox to take with me (gee, it's times like this that I wish I had a Gamecube... oh wait, I can't get Y!F for the Gamecube... so forget about it). I'll also pack a game or two to take with me... the problem is that I'm gaming more on the PS2 right now and not sure what to take for the Xbox.

Well, off to pack, cook, workout and knit (not necessarily in that order).

For those in the US: have a safe and happy Memorial Day!