Friday, June 02, 2006

Some and not the other

Well being away for a couple of days did throw off my workout regimine again, but not the diet (and that's fairly typical of me). I just didn't take the time to workout for 3 days. However, I figured that would happen and adjusted my calorie intake.

I wasn't able to do my weigh in Wednesday this week, but I thought I would do it this morning, just to keep the numbers fresh in my head.

152 lbs

Considering that it's a water retention week, that's not bad. I should be back under 150 in no time.

Today I'm planning on doing the running thing. I think I can hit my 1 mile goal by the end of June. I'm not 100% sure about the whole jogging thing yet. I must admit that my knee was pretty sore after... all the way into the next day. I'm just not sure if it can handle the impact. I like the idea of the goal and I do think that I should be able to do it, but I'm not going to risk yet an other knee injury just to prove a point to myself.

I know I can do Maya and I've learned which exercises I need to adjust to keep the strain off my knee (and I still don't do jumping jacks). I still hope that as I continue to lose weight, I'll be putting less stress on it and it can handle more impact.

For as much as the initial goal here is weight loss, the fact is, I want to be more physically fit. Being in shape is more important to me than the number on the scale. However, they are connected. I'll be in better shape once I get below the "overweight" range that I'm currently in. I can't be in great shape if I'm lugging around an extra 30+lbs.

So back on schedule today... and thank goodness I workout indoors in A/C... where did this hot humid weather come from already????