Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Yet an other Milestone

I had an interesting weekend. It was a busy one, with the two things that are the main focus in my life: knitting and bike racing (yeah, I'm not the bike racer, but it's an important part of my life too)

On Friday I went to The Knitting Guild of America's east coast conference. This is held near my house at the Valley Forge Convention center. There's been knitting events there for as long as I've lived in the area. Either Stitches or the TKGA conference.

The conference center is spread over two hotels. One hotel has the classes and the other the vendor show. I've been going for several years. It's a long walk between the two, and includes some stairs.

I remember a couple of years ago really struggling physically going back and forth (especially the stairs). Not this year. I didn't even feel the pain. I actually spent all day on my feet shopping at the vendors (and spent waaaay tooooo much money heeheehee) and didn't really feel it. The stairs weren't even an issue and walking over to the other building for lunch felt "normal". A definite indication that I've come a really long way. My legs weren't sore, I didn't get short of breath. I actually felt good.

My only mistake? Not enough water, but I made sure I drank a lot when I got home.

Saturday was spent supporting Matt at a bike race. While I felt so good on Friday, being around bikers always makes me feel out of shape. The weather was nasty... think tropics, including that muggy rain. Ugh. Anyway, it was very motivating for me.

So while I've been concentrating on getting back to regular workouts, I haven't really done the food deficit that I need to do to drop weight. The workouts help me keep my weight steady, but I need both to actually lose weight.

Well, I'm back on full "weight loss mode". Trying to keep my food intake to about 1200 calories combined with my workouts.

So you can look forward to Weigh In Wednesdays again... don't expect an unusual number tomorrow. I'm guessing I'll be around 155 lbs.