Friday, August 25, 2006

Damn, I Hate It When He's Right...

I woke up today with a stiff neck (pinched a nerve). It's humid out. I'm tired and irritable (see the stiff neck/humidity thing, plus Matt worked from home today. 'nuff said).

I was going to blow off my workout. Just didn't feel like doing it. I knew that Yourself!Fitness was out of the question and I was just soooo sluggish.

Let's not forget that my mantra for working out is that "something is better than nothing". I also try to do that "something" everyday... even if it's just a light workout. Ya, sometimes nothing is good...

As Matt was leaving for his bike ride he said "just get on the treadmill for a bit. You'll feel better". Uh hu. Ya Right.

Then I remebered the coconut cream pie I had last night (hey it was a small piece) and realized that "something IS better than nothing". I was going to keep a slow steady pace and just do 15-20 minutes. I ended up cranking it up to my normal pace and doing my regular workout. I did better.

damn, he was right. I feel better physically and there's no guilt for skipping my workout.