Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Yet an other missed weight in

A good indication that I'm not focused on weight loss: I keep forgetting to weigh in on Wednesdays! When I'm focused and really concentrating, I can't wait to weigh in to see how I've done.

Well, I didn't weigh in this morning... Matt and I (and surprisingly the dogs) slept in late... put the whole morning off routine.

I did have a really great workout yesterday. I mentioned briefly yesterday about the new sneakers and the treadmill. Well, I feel great that I was able to get the treadmill speed up to 4.0 mph. That's the fastest I've been able to run. I wasn't able to maintain it for any length of time, but at least I see an improvement. The faster I can run, the faster I can workout, right?

I also spent some time doing some lower body weight lifting. I must admit that I don't like doing the Yourself!Fitness lower body workouts. It's all lunges. That's no exaggeration. Lunges, followed by lunges followed by a few sets of lunges. So I just skip over the lower body choices (replace it with either the weight loss or cardio concentration). I love her upper body workout and do it several times a week. However, my lower body needs some weight training too. So yesterday I moved all Matt's bike stuff off the weight bench and got to work.

Having a bad knee means I have to think a little differently about my weight lifting. The surgery made my knee stronger (it hasn't had a serious dislocation since I had the surgery), but some problems still remain. My knee cap isn't smooth thanks to a bone fragment being dislodged when I first dislocated it back at the age of 13 (and the real reason I had surgery at 16... to get rid of the floating bone chip). This means my knee grinds when I bend it. The other issue with it is I've learned to favor my other leg. Not delibrately, but I know I favor that leg. So I've had to adjust to working my leg extensions and curls doing only one leg at a time. I am feeling it today. Both legs are more sore than they've been in a long time.

So I'm still trudging along on maintaining a healthy lifestyle. I feel good and I'm in a happy place right now. The weight will eventually come off, just like the first 60+. All I need is to get that motivation to do that extra work.