Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Very Discouraged

I spent today dealing with my abdormally large bust line. Let me tell ya gals, it's not all it's cracked up to be.

I have to mail order by bras.

The bras in my size are ugly.

I went and tried shirts on today. For them to fit me in the bust, they look sloppy everywhere else. If I buy them to fit everywhere else, the buttons gap at my bust.

I then tried to adjust a sewing pattern to fit me. This "should" be the ideal solution, but even the patterns really don't like that much adjustment. It's going to take a lot more tweaking than I expected.

I have this unrealistic goal of something in my life being easy to fit. I wear a hard to find shoe size (5.5W... sometimes I can wear a 6W, depending on the style and designer). I have a sway back, so for pants to fit my butt, they gap at the waist. A lot. Like over three inches. I have a narrow back and shoulders with large (and heavy) boobs. I'm short.

I realize that sizing is based on "average", but there are days that I would kill to just be able to go out and buy something pretty and for it to fit.

As much as I would hope that losing weight would help this, the fact is that my boobs were less of an issue when I was heavier. I guess it's expected that size 22 women have large breasts while size 12 women don't? My weight loss has been in equal proportions. I've dropped from a size 38 bra down to a size 34, but the cup has remained the same (meaning that I still have over 7" difference between my band measurement and my full bust measurement).

If I weren't such a weenie, today's the kind of day that I start to think that a boob-bob wouldn't be such a bad idea...