Thursday, August 10, 2006

A Day Late...

I simply forgot to post yesterday. I knew I wasn't going to weigh myself this week, and so I forgot that it was Weigh In Wednesday.

Today's blog will be "girl" related. If you're uncomfortable hearing my talk about that sort of thing, then you might want to skip today's blog.

I simply couldn't deal with the weigh in this week. I knew it was going to be up (thanks to that whole girl thing) and I didn't want to throw myself into a depression over a slight (if temporary) weight gain. I'll weigh in next week.

One of the myths I've heard over the years is that exercise and proper diet can help ease menstral cramps. Quite frankly, it's a bunch of BS. My monthly discomfort has gotten so much worse since I've been exercising regularly, that I wonder if it's worth it. Now, granted, I can't guarentee that they are connected. It just might be coincidence. I can guarentee that it hasn't helped.

I'm guessing that it's more likely that I'm getting older and/or that I no longer use a hormone based birth control (after 17 years of being on either birth control pills or Norplant). I'm not sure that it's birth control (or lack thereof) related, as these symptoms started while I was still on the pill.

Other things have also been noticable: night sweats, drastic changes in body temperture, irregular periods and spotting between. So I'm guessing that my body is starting the process of menopause. Let's just hope it doesn't go on for the next 15 years!

So I don't expect much change in weight over the next week, but I'll try to keep on schedule with my workouts and as always keep the eating thing in check.