Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Wednesday Weigh In

Oh joy!

Today's Weigh In:

weight: 154.5 lbs
fat %: 38%

So that's down one pound. Ya, that's nice, but I never lose sleep or get excited over 1 lb in either direction.

However, it always does feel better to see it down rather than up, and I'll continue to add the extra treadmill work in addition to my Maya workout.

The food thing has been hit or miss. I try most of the time, but there's times when it's just not practical. I don't lose sleep over it. If I was obsessed about how fast I could lose the weight, I would be more militant. I prefer the healthy, realistic lifetime lasting lifestlye change. Most of the habits, especially from an eating standpoint, have become habit. The exercise will always be a struggle. While I can make it a part of my routine, it still doesn't take much for me to put it off. However, I know that I'll work out the next day, so I guess in a way it has become a habit... not just a daily habit.

Matt turns 38 tomorrow. He's come so far in changing his lifestyle. He was in his mid 20's when he started seeing the health risks involved with his being overweight and inactive (high blood pressure and an irregular heart beat). He's officially at the 75 lbs lost point. He no longer has an irregular heartbeat. His body fat % is about 8% and he's in such great shape. I'm so proud of him. His biking has changed both of our lives and all for the better. It's improved his health, he's made some absolutely wonderful friends and I enjoy it all as well. (I guess I should also add that biking is an expensive hobby, which is nice when I want to buy yarn).

So it's what keeps me going and trying. Why I'll never stop being aware of what and how much I'm eating. Why I'll always try to stay active. I don't us to slow down as we get older because I can't keep up.