Thursday, August 31, 2006

Weigh In? What Weigh In?

Well I didn't weigh in this week. Again. Ya, ya I know. That's dangerous. That's how weight creeps back on. That's how laziness begins.

I'm going with my friend Theresa to a local gym for a tour on Saturday. This gym doesn't offer any classes, but does offer complimentary personal trainers. It has a pool, lots of weight lifting and cardio equipment. It's also very inexpensive (especially considering the pool thing). Maybe working with a trainer a couple of times a week would get me focused and on a regular plan. I'm just not good at sticking to a routine. Even with Yourself!Fitness, I change up Maya's suggestions (I have a rebellion personality) and choose what I like to do rather than the balance that I need. So maybe a set workout with the accountibility of a trainer is what I need to break my plateau.

I don't want to go to a gym everyday, but maybe a 3 times a week workout would be good for me. They'll have a much better weight training set up than I have. I love our Smith machine, but I have to remove all the drying (and usually stinky) bike clothes off of it to use it. We have limited space for weight lifting, and the treadmill and recumbant bike take up half the room. During the off season, Matt will have his trainer set up and that eats up a lot of space too. So it feels tight, it's hard to do any floor exercises and it takes a lot of rearranging everytime I do weights in there.

So I'm optimistic about going to the gym. I already have a couple of friends that use this gym and I might even get Matt to go with me (I love doing weights with him. We make a good weight lifting team).