Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Well, I've Got The Whole "Maintance" Thing Down

I'm supposed to weigh in tomorrow (and hopefully I will remember to do it), but I don't expect any changes.

I can't get myself psyched up to do that additional work to lose weight. I know how much I can eat compared to how much I workout to maintain my current weight (and this is a good thing), but pushing myself to do the extra workouts, or cut back a bit on the food just isn't going well right now.

Part of me celebrates the almost daily workouts, the awareness of what I'm eating, but an other part of me keeps reminding me that I'm not done yet... that I still want to lose an other 30 lbs.

I will say that every 10 lbs it has become just a little harder. The first 10 came off with out really trying. Simple changes (uh, like full sugared sodas) were easy in the beginning, but each step I've had to make more cuts, add more exercise and I'm wondering if I have the fortitude to make more sacrifices. Wanting to be 30 lbs lighter is nice, but doing is hard.

So I trudge along hoping that the routine won't be enough for me, that I'll get inspired to push myself that little harder.

Hmmm, maybe the new sneakers I just bought will help (well, I did jog a little faster on the treadmill today in them).