Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Non-Weigh In Wednesday

I completely forgot to weigh in this morning. Probably didn't miss much. As I said, I did minimal workouts for the last week.

However, a passing comment about body image in a completely unrelated conversation with Lauren, made me stop and think about mine. This made me scroll thru some of my previous blog entries over the last couple of years.

Seeing some of the old photos of me is always a bit of a shock. Listening to myself and my own self esteem issues is also an eye opener.

My self confidence has improved sooo much over the last year or so. I know there are many factors to this. It's also a bit of the "chicken and the egg" thing. Is my self confidence better because I've lost weight and made some great friends, or have I lost weight and made friends because I've gained self confidence?

The low self esteem still rears it's ugly head now and then, but thanks to people around me who treat me with respect, it never lasts long.

So this is a shout out to all my friends and loved ones that have given me the positive support that has helped me reach the success that I've achieved to date. It's a long road and while it can be very lonely, having cheerleaders is a big help!!!