Wednesday, September 27, 2006

No Numbers... 'cause I know

I didn't weigh in today, but I don't need to... as the jean situation on Monday told me all I needed to know.

So I spent time doing a little circuit training yesterday and I put Maya in this morning. My left leg is bothering me a bit (I have a tendancy of favoring thanks to the icky right knee). Maya and I decided after about 15 minutes that it wasn't going to work today and I should do a yoga workout. The stretching would do me good, it would be low impact and help me get my focus.

So I haven't done yoga for a while... like 35-40 lbs ago while. I've done the little bit that Maya includes in her flexibility training, but I don't like her meditation workout at all (she stops giving directions in middle of it). So I pulled out my favorite yoga workout book. I started this book way back when I firt started working out. Again, I wanted something low impact yet would get me started moving after the years of sedatary living.

I've come a long way... when I used to do it, I couldn't do child pose. My stomach got in the way. Now I can do the full stretch. So while I'm disappointed in the start of the week, I'm feeling pretty good today... I can do it, as I've done it before.

However, my abs aren't as happy with me as my mind... I forgot how much ab work doing yoga is!