Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Wednesday Weigh In

So we're back to this again, eh? Ya, I wasn't looking forward to it. I've been sluggish, with hardly any workouts. Eating things that I don't normally eat and not really worrying about my calorie count. I was expecting the worse.

Weight: 156.4
Body Fat: 39.0%

ya, that makes perfect sense. I gained a whole whopping pound. Now the body fat percentage is up, which really is the only reflection of me not working out (the lack of weight training is showing).

This is why this whole process is so incredibly frustrating to me. 3500 calories equals a pound. So to lose weight I should remove 500 calories a day with diet and exercise, right? That's what every reputable nutritionist/weight loss trainer will say. Yet, I can remove over 800 calories thru diet and exercise and lose what maybe a half a pound. I stop worrying about it. Workout maybe 2-3 days a week for 30 minutes, add a little junk to my diet and I gain only 1 lb. It just doesn't make sense to me, and makes it really hard to justify to myself all the hard work and sacrifice to lose that half pound.

I'm disappointed from the results from this mornings weigh in, not from the one pound gained, but rather the lack of gaining. As I said before one pound up or one pound down doesn't really mean much to me. That's a very natural weight flucuation and I simply don't lose sleep over it (in either direction).

I actually was hoping for a couple of pounds gained to get me motivated again. It's not. It just all seems futile when I can be comfortable, not hungry, not spend 60 minutes a day working out and I can basically maintain my weight. Or I can be hungry, tired, sore, bored with the 60-90 minutes a day of exercise and barely loose any weight. It's really hard to convince yourself that all that work is worth it, when in fact bare minimum keeps me level... so you would think working harder would show results, but in fact it shows minimal results.

To say that I'm frustrated is an understatement.