Monday, November 27, 2006

Running Sucks

It does. Really. Yet, so completely effective that I keep trying to do it.

I'm not sure why. I have knee that hurts (since my kneecap isn't smooth, it grinds with every bouncing step). I have large "let's give Cindy a black eye while she bounces up and down" breasts. Not fun and quite frankly, a little on the painful side.

Yet I continually get on the treadmill and jog (ya, let's be honest... this ain't running. Watching Herm Edwards on the treadmill during the promo for the NFL channel makes me realize that I'll never be that graceful). The heart rate monitor cheers. Wow, Cindy look at how quickly you can get to your max heart rate and just watch those calories burn off.

So while I hate every single freakin' second of jogging on the treadmill, I still do it. One day I will run a complete mile. At a time (not in 1/4 mile increments). It won't be fast (my favorite speed on the treadmill is 3.4 mph. Not 3.5, that's too fast for my short little legs).

Ya, I didn't weigh in last week. So what? I was busy. Cooking. For Thanksgiving. I only cooked low fat, healthy foods. In small quanities. Uh.huh. Ya, good thing the heart rate monitor doesn't tell me how many calories I'm consuming....