Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Wednesday Weigh In

Oh Crap, it's Wednesday. Ugh.

Weight: 160.4 lbs
Body Fat %: 39.3%

Ya, that's up. As expected. I've averaged about 154 lbs over the last 2 years (with lowest being 149 lbs). So that's not horrific, but the difference between a size 12 jeans and a size 14 jeans. Six pounds isn't the end of the world, and it could be a lot worse.

However, it's the wrong way. I hope that I can drop these extra 6 by the end of the year and get back to the 154 before New Years.

The good news is that I'm not the only one who's put on some weight. Yes, I know it's evil, but Matt's weight is up to 140 lbs. Since my main goal is to weigh less than my husband, that's only 20 lbs. Actually, it's not as evil as it sounds. What it means is that I need to watch how I'm cooking. If he's gaining weight too that means that we're not watching our diet as close as we should. Yes, racing season is over and he's cut back on his workouts, but he usually adjusts his eating to the lower workout schedule.

It's ALWAYS easier if we're both being restrictive. He's always aware of what he's eating, but during training for the races, he'll burn 1200 calories in one ride... that's my total calorie allotment for the day! It's really hard to restrict my calories when he's has to increase his.

So I'm back to using Yourself!Fitness again. I had planned on starting a new profile on Monday, but it just happened that my regular Physical Challenge was up. So let's see the results:

Resting heart rate: 62
Max heart rate: 157
Squats: 50 (max)
Crunches: 30
Push ups: 10

The flexibility wasn't as far as usual, so that's two areas I really need to work on: push ups and flexibility. I was pleased with the resting heart rate. The max is about where I normally am, and so that's good too.

I'm also being a lot better about working out in the morning. I like to workout right before lunch and so I'm off to let Maya kick my butt!