Thursday, March 08, 2007

Gotta Keep On Movin'

So right now it's less about weight loss and more about simply moving!

I realized that my soreness and achiness is from the fact that other than my specific almost daily (well, okay sometimes) workout, I sit on my ass and knit or play video games.

That's a lot of time sitting on my ass.

So in addition to my regular workout, I'm really concentrating on moving. I'm not even wearing my heart rate monitor for this. I'm just getting on the treadmill and walking for a lap (1/4 mile) 4 times a day. Spreading it out every couple of hours. Not at a fast pace (as a matter of fact, I can even knit when I do this). It's more about getting the legs in motion rather than just sitting.

So while I'm hoping that it has some effect on my weight loss, right now I'm just trying to "feel better". Work out the kinks and soreness. Simply move. Hopefully this will lessen the soreness and I can up the level on my workout.