Monday, March 05, 2007

Hate is a strong word

So I've hit that point: what do I hate more?

Being fat or working out.

When ya come right down to it, that's what it's all about. Quite frankly, it's not the same from day to day.

However, the fat thing is getting to me. Not just the appearance thing, that's always irritating, but the physical things that come with it. The aches and pains, the effort to do things that shouldn't take effort.

I'm having leg aches (too sedatary) and some lower back issues. So the question becomes which I hate more? Tired, achy and in pain from a sedatary life style that has the added bonus of clothes not fitting and low self confidence or the tired, achy and in pain life style that boosts self confidense and improves my physical appearance.

Today the fat won out... and I did my workout. And I didn't hate it. Let's hope I can continue to hate the fat. 'Cause I know I'll never love the workout.